Diversity Awareness & Youth Building Skills Program
Creating opportunities between youth and the community. OSP assists community-minded youth by supporting them to design a campaign highlighting the importance of diversity. With the goal to provide opportunities for growth, we have developed a program to promote inclusion in Edmonton.
If you identify within the communities of women, indigenous peoples, visible minorities, LGBTQ2+, or persons with disabilities; the Diversity Awareness and Skill Building Youth Program is designed to set the stage for youth (aged 16 – 30) to pursue a self-directed volunteer diversity initiative!
Experience and Education
Interactive sessions to enhance your knowledge and understanding of diversity; from self-discovery workshops to guest speakers and more!
Increase your social network. Become a support ally – an ”agent for change” – while making lifelong friendships with people from diverse backgrounds.
Design your very own initiative, project, or campaign to address diversity/inclusion in your workplace or school such as rallies, anti-bullying campaigns, and diversity celebrations.
Youth will engage in mentorship opportunities to strengthen their knowledge of diverse cultures and collective identities, acquire the knowledge on what it takes to be a strong ally of community support, earn a certificate and possibly work with their school to earn up to 120 volunteer hours and education credits.
For More Information
To learn more email: email@example.com
Call: 780 784 7173
To reserve your spot register below
Your community is Diverse, Champion it!
We offer the following to each of you:
- Live online training sessions,
- A diversity training certificate,
- Receive professional references,
- Engage in community volunteer opportunities
Join us and gain knowledge, skills and tools to:
- Foster community development
- Educate others about bias and discrimination
- Understand barriers to inclusion
- Build professional and personal experiences
Program components include:
- Experience to gain new skills
- Education to build knowledge
- Engagement with communities
- Execution to make an impact
- Evaluation and feedback to grow