OSP staff works to improve the lives of our clients. We pride ourselves on building lasting, meaningful relationships that can lead to amazing opportunities. We believe that, for many, employment can lead to achieving dreams and experiencing a sense of purpose.
OSP’s purpose is to build an inclusive community and our vision is to be a recognized diversity and inclusion leader in Edmonton by improving the quality of life for individuals facing employment barriers. To achieve both our purpose and our vision, we actively work to provide employment opportunities for individuals with barriers by matching their skills and abilities with the staffing needs of corporate, non-profit, and government organizations. By doing so, we help deliver economic benefits to the individual, the organization, and the community.
Full-time, day shift
Are you ready to make impact? Would you be excited about a job that allows you to develop your skills while helping others do the same? We are currently hiring a committed individual to be part of our organizational mission to support individuals with barriers to employment identify and achieve their employment goals.
If you are a dynamic person, who sees the best in people, likes to create connections with others, adaptable, loves to work collaboratively and are motivated to support others, you may be our perfect fit.
As a Job Developer, you will use your sales and communication skills to cultivate strong relationships with local employers. You will promote the benefits of becoming an employer partner with OSP and play a key role in brokering great employment connections between local jobseekers and employers.
Get rewarded for your passion to help others. Apply today!
- Subsidized downtown parking and mileage
- Benefits package including drug plan, dental and more
- 10 paid sick days, 3 business weeks of paid vacation
- Possibility of paid training and skill enhancement courses as required
- Emphasis on work-life balance
- Dynamic, Positive and Supportive team/work culture
- OSP is currently piloting a 4-day work week (30-hour work week, with no reduction to regular salary)
As a Job Developer, you will:
- Research employers in different industries and available work positions in the Edmonton area;
- Proactively seek employment opportunities in the local labour market;
- Collaborate with Program Advisors to identify Client employment needs;
- Contact potential clients through cold calls and emails;
- Reach out to potential employers and engage them with OSPs programs and how those programs can help support the employers’ staffing needs;
- Travel to and meet with employers/managers/HR representatives directly;
- Maintain relationships with employers and develop meaningful relationships with key staff;
- Network with Associations and Community Businesses.
- Proven work experience as a Business Development Representative, Sales Representative, Account Executive, or similar role
- Hands-on experience with multiple sales techniques (including cold calls)
- Track record of meeting targets and achieving quotas
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to deliver engaging presentations
- Experience selling to Human Resources
- Clean driving record, valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle
- An engaging, ADAPTABLE, collaborative and empathetic personal presence. (This is important!)
- A people-person who is confident with networking and traveling to meet with people.
- Keen attention to detail and flexibility as you manage multiple different priorities that could change quickly! (No one day is the same in this role.)
- Passionate about learning and teaching people what you know.
- An active listener with a commitment to providing first class experience to both clients and employers.
We believe that skills can be taught, but attitude cannot. The most important qualification is to be willing to learn, excited to help others, and interested in making this job your own.
Closing and application instructions:
Please submit your cover letter and resume with the subject “Job Developer” to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, please clearly identify the following:
- why are you interested in working for OSP,
- what makes you a unique candidate,
- how do your past experiences prepare you for this position.
OSP is an equal-opportunity employer, and as such, we commit to considering all qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information.
If applicants with disabilities require reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please include such requests in your cover letter. Any request for accommodation will not disqualify candidates from consideration.
We thank all applicants for their interest in working with us; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.