The Employment Links Program assists individuals experiencing ongoing medical conditions or disabilities to connect with employers in order to find and maintain employment that matches their skills and abilities.
- Have a documented disability and/or medical condition
- Are unemployed
- Have a realistic employment goal that matches their skills and abilities
- Have successfully maintained a period of past employment and are looking to re-enter the workforce
- Are seeking full or part-time work, (minimum of 15 hours per week)
- Live in the Edmonton area and are able to independently travel to OSP and the worksite
Prepare for Work
Exposure Courses when required (WHMIS, First Aid, etc.)
Job search resources
Employment specialists connect with employers on your behalf
One-on-one support to assist in your job search & planning
OSP can assist with workplace accommodations
3 months of intensive job retention support
6 months of follow-up support
The Employment Links Program consists of two levels of support.
- Takes place in the Links Centre
- Focus is on employment preparation, resume and cover letter writing, and workshops
- Participants develop a realistic employment goal that matches their skills and abilities
- One-on-one support from a Resource Coordinator
- Program supports to secure employment
- Total of six months of follow-up to ensure clients and employers have support when needed
- Team support while receiving services
Individualized Employment Plannning
We know not all jobs are the same and everyone has different goals when it comes to their employment. The OSP team can help you develop an individualized plan to ensure you reach the goals you set for yourself.
Join us to meet like-minded individuals within the community. Networking can be an excellent way to make employment connections and lasting friendships.
Prepping for an interview can be stressful but we are here to help.
OSP can help you prepare with mock interviews, providing questions employers might ask during an interview and helping you feel confident with your answers.
The support you receive from OSP doesn’t end once you have found work - our team is here to help you throughout the transition. Our team will follow up with you and your employer to ensure the right match was made.